Thursday, July 16, 2009

Summer Birthdays



Hope everyone is enjoying our beautifull BC Summer Weather. We have finally set up the pool and the kids have been swimming all day. I am trying to clean my house, the seeming impossible task that it is, especially in the summertime. That saying about not shovelling the sidewalk before it stops snowing comes to mind. So are you not supposed the clean the house until the kids move out, not sure thats what it means.

Anyways, we have (2) Boy Birthdays coming up soon. I seem to struggle with the masculine cards so I thought I would start early. It seems I have to be in just the right mood, for the creativity to flow. Well I don't know how well it flowed, but this is what I came up with. I really like this owl, he (I'm pretty sure he's a boy) is from Whipper Snapper Stamp Company. I really love their designs, they really stand out with the Copic Markers. I myself do not stand out well with Copic Markers. I have taken a few classes, but not my forte. So I used Stampin Up's markers and tried to do my own shading. I figure owls live in the wild, therefore should have wild fur, afterall when was the last time you saw an owl sitting in a tree brushing his hair. The colors I used are Stampin ups, Ballet Blue, So Saffron, Chocolate Chip, and Old Olive. I really wanted to add Orange to this card, but it seemed to busy so I made his beak orange. I have another Boy Birthday card to make, so I have another shot to incorporate Orange and Blue with a Little Chocolate on the side. Sounds Yummy.


Anyways Thanks for looking, and Have a great evening.

No comments:

Post a Comment